There are a number of features on this web site to assist visitors access our content.
Text resizing buttons
A the top of each page we have provided buttons that enable website visitors to increase the font size used on this website. Click or tab onto the buttons to make text bigger or smaller.
By visiting our Acessibility options page you can opt to view this site using a high contrast alternative (black background and yellow text)
Allow for users to skip navigation and go straight to the page content via use of tab keys.
We followed a list of accessibility guidelines when putting together this website and it's content. This includes:
- Maintain a standard layout and navigation system throughout;
- Use headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML(HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure;
- Allow visitors to resize all text;
- Use plain backgrounds to improve the readability of text;
- Use foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems for sufferers of colour-blindness;
- Use alt attributes on all images and ensure that all alt, and title attributes are meaningful;
- Design layouts to work satisfactorily at a range of screen resolutions;
- Design the layout so that non mouse users are easily able to navigate the website;
- Ensure all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text, avoiding short-hand language like 'Click here';